Friday, December 2, 2011

I am not getting good answers from airlines /tsa site/or yahoo travel on carry on ?

No can tell me specific information about what you can and cannot take on airlines checked in baggage. I already know about the shampoos,hair gels,toothepaste and colognes that you can't carry in your carry on,but they can't tell me if I can carry them in my checked in bags?


Also I wear contact and need my extra contact lens cases ,and saline solutions because my eyes dry out when I fly while wearing contacts..,I dont' have any glasses so please don't suggest to wear my glasses.


Film and cameras are iffy,I guess I can carry them on carry on,from what I read but no one can tell me for sure .


What the hell is going on ?


What about my keys,my electronic keys ..??can I put them in my luggage,one lady says they might throw them away..


What would I do without my keys? I would not be able to drive home and get into my home either...????


Has anyone thought of these things?


I can't believe they would throw personal items away?|||OK, it's tough for them to update their website so quickly in reponse to the last few days' changes. However, TSA does have some FAQs which have just been posted up:





http://tsa-7.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tsa.cf鈥?/a>





These are the topics:





Summary








1 New - Laptops, cell phones and other electronic items





2 New - Immediate changes to airport screening procedures





3 New - Passenger Arrival Time





4 New - Banned liquids exceptions





5 New - Will you be hand searching bags?





6 New - Checkpoint expectations





7 New - Banning of liquids





8 New - Guidance For Airline Passengers: Raised Threat Levels





9 New - Liquid eyeliner and similar items





10 New - Detection of liquid explosives





11 New - Increased Aviation Screening Procedures





12 New - Infant formula or milk sampling





13 New - Flight safety





14 New - Passenger assistance in security procedures





15 New - What should the American people know?





16 New - Increased Border Protection Procedures








On the key issue - I think it's the key fob you can't have. The physical key is ok. Don't really know what to recommend on the spectacles problem - you may just have to buy some cheapies to get through the flight.





Good luck with your journey and stay safe.|||i think you will get alot more information if you called the airline company and asked for details.|||The rule is: If you THINK it might be a problem then put it in your checked baggage.


You can NOT have saline for your contacts on the flight, nor can your contacts case have saline in it. You can not have car keys with any type of "remote" system. You can not have razors, nail clippers, files, scissors, or any other sharp object. You can not have lighters of any kind for any reason. Cameras and film are allowed but are likely to be damaged and I recommend you put them in your checked baggage.|||I am not sure about checked items either. About your contact solutions, you are just going to have to either get glasses between now and your flight, or take out your contacts. I'm told that electronic items are fine to carry on in the U.S.|||Perhaps this notice from Southwest Airlines will help.





August 11, 2006





Dear Rapid Rewards Members:





We want to keep you updated on the latest information provided by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) so you can plan your travel accordingly. Due to heightened security procedures, the TSA has changed the guidelines regarding carryon luggage.





What Cannot be Carried on the Aircraft:





The TSA is currently prohibiting all liquids and gels in carryon luggage. This includes all beverages, shampoo, lotions, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency. Additionally, any of these items purchased beyond the security checkpoint will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.





Exceptions That Can be Carried on the Aircraft:





Baby formula or breast milk, if a baby or small child is traveling, and prescription medicine with a name that matches the Customer's name (along with insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines) can be carried onboard and are subject to inspection at the checkpoint.





Electronic items (including notebook computers, MP3 players, PDAs, etc.) are allowed through the security checkpoint, and all carryon items are subject to additional screening. We encourage you to visit the TSA's website for additional information about carryon items. Southwest Airlines' checked baggage policies are unchanged.





We will continue to post any changes or future updates at southwest.com, so we encourage you to check back often.





Sincerely,





Your Friends at Rapid Rewards





Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com庐|||Wait...I JUST heard on the news they are thinking of making all passengers strip and wear a clear plastic suit ..wow..what about all the fat people? the deformed?the old? Lord just make everyone kiss a PIG at the boarding gate..this should eliminate the terrorists..aaargghhh aaargghhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment