Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Explain odd TV behavior....?

E-Mail my mom just sent me. Wondering if anyone can help me out here:





The tv in our bedroom keeps turning on and shutting off when we walk in and out of the room and in the middle of the night. We walk into the room - it turns on - we start to walk out and ignore it - it turns off. I took the batteries out of the remote thinking it had something to do with weak batteries and electronic eye or something, but before I took the batteries out I mute the tv to answer the phone - it mutes, then unmutes as I'm hanging up.





Any ideas?|||you really need the answer to that?! what you really need is an education. By the way, you don't need to ask the same question THREE times!|||poltergeist or static electricity from walking on synthetic carpet|||Check to make sure your not getting a signal from a remote next door.|||You might want to check whether or not there are infrared light sources falling on the remote control receiver. Maybe a track light, a heat lamp, or an electric heater. This sounds more like faulty sensor control electronics, I would take the TV to a repair shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment